January 7, 2013

Best Reads of 2012


Hi! I want to first take a minute and thank you for your support, kind emails and tweets! I've missed you!
I know that this post is a little overdue, but I still wanted to share my favourite reads of 2012!

Best Adult Read:

The Virgin Cure

Easily decided... The Virgin Cure by Ami McKay. Beautifully written, compelling story...


Best Young Adult - New Author (for me)

7896527

So so good! Epic fantasy meets kick-ass assassin. 
I don't think this book is receiving the attention it deserves. (yet)


Best Young Adult-

ravenboys

Maggie Stiefvater never lets me down. Worth reading and re-reading


Best Young Adult Follow-Up-

Pandemonium (Delirium, #2)

This was a harder choice. I loved Insurgent by Veronica Roth and The Last Echo by Kimberly Derting; 
but Pandemonium is a stand out. 
If you haven't read Delirium yet... READ it! and then follow up with this amazing sequel!


Best Middle Grade/Junior Fiction:

The Reluctant Journal of Henry K. Larsen

Another hard decision. I loved Wonder by RJ Palacio, but there was something incredibly special about the voice of Henry. It resonated with me. It also won the Governor General Award as well.
Review Coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment