June 22, 2012

HarperCollins Frenzy Presents-YA Blogger Night

P1020060

I was unbelievably excited to receive an invite to the HarperCollins Frenzy night in Toronto this past Tuesday. So excited that I made the drive during rush hour to be there. It was totally worth it. Not only did I have an amazing time, I also got to connect with my favourite blogger gals too. 
The evening started as all evenings should…with pie. We found a seat and then Vikki VanSickle talked about her role at HCC and introduced the other members of the HCC team, including Editor Hadley Dyer.

We got a sneak peak at some fabulous fall titles: 


P1020045
Breathe by Sarah Crossan

P1020046
Don't Turn Around by Michelle Gagnon
 
P1020047
Starling by Lesley Livingston

P1020048
Such Wicked Intent by Kenneth Oppel

P1020049
Ten by Gretchen McNeil

P1020050
Debutantes by Cora Harrison


 We were told in the initial invite that there could be a special guest at the event. I knew a certain someone would be in town so I was hoping it would be her and I was right! 


Tahereh Mafi

P1020053

I was freaking out. If you are a follower of this blog, you know my love for Shatter Me (my review here) and for Tahereh. If you follow her on facebook, tumblr or twitter you know how incredibly awesome and funny she is. Meeting her in person was one of the highlights of my 2 years of blogging. She’s amazing!!
 It was my turn to get my book signed:  I went up, she hugged me:
P1020056
She is the sweetest

We took pictures together:
P1020058
SOOOO Happy
 She sat down, and began to sign my book.

Remember when I told you that I always babble and can never get my words out when I meet someone I truly admire?
I meant to say: “You are a gifted writer”
What I actually said: “Gifted YOU are”
So I basically met one of my favourite authors and ended up sounding like…..
Yoda = Jen
 Soooo embarrassing-
Tahereh was so gracious though, look how she signed my book-
P1020063

The evening was wonderful, HCC even sent us home with wonderful goody bags. Thanks so much to the staff at Harpercollins; especially Vikki, Shannon and Jessica for a great night!
P1020061

2 comments:

  1. LOL!!!!! Gifted you are.. Hahaha.. that's awesome... nice to see you on Tuesday! :) Great recap!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks like an amazing event. Thank you for sharing the great picks.

    ReplyDelete