May 29, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday-Books I Hope Will Stand the Test of Time


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature where we post our top ten lists on a variety of book related topics. It's hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. This weeks topic:  

Top Ten Books Written In The Past 10 Years That I Hope People Are Still Reading In 30 Years

The Book Thief by Markus Zusak / The Boy in Striped Pajamas by John Boyne / 
    
Powerful titles that tie us to what was and what we hope will never be again.


The Book Thief   The Boy in the Striped Pajamas  


The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane by Kate DiCamillio/ The One and Only Ivan by Kate Applegate/ Liesl and Po by Lauren Oliver

Soul filling titles that remind us not to give up on life or love.


The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane    Liesl and Po   The One and Only Ivan


   The Secret History by Donna Tartt/ The Birth House by Ami McKay/ 
The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern

Stunning works of fiction that quenched my thirst for beautiful turns of phrases.

  The Secret History  The Birth House  The Night Circus



My Great Big Mama by Oliver Ka/ The Scar by Charlotte Moundlic/ 
The Heart and the Bottle by Oliver Jeffers

Touching picture books that address loss, and acceptance- perfect for all ages.

My Great Big Mamma   The Scar  


Pete the Cat by Eric Litwin/ Stuck by Oliver Jeffers/ Rhyming Dust Bunnies by Jan Thomas

Stories that call to be read aloud, enjoyed together and make us laugh

       Pete the Cat: I Love My White Shoes  Stuck  Rhyming Dust Bunnies

 It was hard to put the list together this week, there are so many wonderful books to choose from. The books above mean a lot to me. I'm Looking forward to reading your lists!!

12 comments:

  1. The Book Thief was my first choice as well! I don't think I've ever loved a book as much as I've loved that one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read any books from your list yet - The Book Thief is one I'll hopefully get to soon. And love that you added children's books.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Book Thief!! I still need to read that! Been sitting on my shelf for ages..

    Great assortment of genres and age groups!

    Michele | Top 10 Tues

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Boy in Striped Pajamas love that movie, never read the book:) Love your list:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have The Book Thief on my list too, but I'm scared to read The Boy in the Striped Pajamas. I'm afraid it would break me.

    Love that you put some children's books on here! I almost did, but then changed my mind. I haven't read any of your children's books, but since I have little kids, that situation must be remedied!

    Here's my TTT!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't read any of these ones yet but I've heard great things about all of them, great list! +New GFC follower :)

    Here's my TopTenTuesday Post :)

    -Kimberly @ Turning The Pages

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am SO happy to see another Edward Tulane lover! Also, Pete the Cat! My son wants to do his room in Pete motif. Eric Litwin and James Dean are two of the most awesome, down-to-earth guys! If you ever get a chance to meet them, go out of your way to do so! Great list!

    Check out my Top Ten!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The book thief! <3 That's the most incredible book EVER. And I'm reading Liesl & Po right now and I must say: I like it :D

    http://thedailyprophecy.blogspot.com/2012/05/top-10-tuesday-12.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. The Book Thief is making a lot of lists! It is definitely one of my all time time favorites as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great picks! As many have already posted, The Book Thief is on my Top 10 list. In fact, I bought a back-up copy at a used book store the other day - just in case I lost my original. I also really enjoyed The One and Only Ivan, The Birth House and Liesl & Po.

    As always, I love visiting your blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, thanks that means sooo much. Wasn't The One and Only Ivan incredible?

      Delete
  11. I haven't read any of these, but quite a few are on my TBR list and I look forward to checking them out. Great choices :)

    ReplyDelete