July 10, 2011

You-The Owners Manual For Teens

YOU: The Owners Manual for Teens
by Michael Rozen MD,
Mehmet OZ MD and Ellen Rome MD
Published June 2011 by Simon and Schuster


   When S&S first asked if I would share my thoughts on this book, I was hesitant. I don't read a lot of non-fiction, and I'm definitely not a "medical" expert- far from it, but I have to say I'm so glad I said yes, as this is one that I will pass on to my son when he reaches those teenage years. It's a book I would have liked to have during those years as well.
    I haven't read the other books in the series of "YOU"owner's manuals but I know that they are popular and often checked out of our library. The layout in this one is well done, easy to follow and its easy to find the information if you are looking for something specific. The mood of the book is upbeat and I love how it's more than just "body" health as it encompasses mental & emotional health as well. It's informative without being too preachy which I think is especially important when it's a book for teens. The question and answer sections were really helpful and I thought the "Circle of Life" inventory activity was a fabulous way to start the book.
Highly recommended. Great Reference Book.


No comments:

Post a Comment