April 20, 2011

Wicked Lovely by Melissa Marr

Wicked Lovely (Wicked Lovely, #1)

Wicked Lovely by Melissa Marr
Published by HarperTeen 2007
328 pages
Reviewed from library copy

Summary from goodreads
All teenagers have problems, but few of them can match those of Aislinn, who has the power to see faeries. Quite understandably, she wishes that she could share her friends' obliviousness and tries hard to avoid these invisible intruders. But one faery in particular refuses to leave her alone. Keenan the Summer King is convinced beyond all reasoning that Aislinn is the queen he has been seeking for nine centuries. What's a 21st-century girl to do when she's stalked by a suitor nobody else can see?

   I know that many bloggers have already read this one, and I don't know what took me so long to pick it up. For those that haven't read Wicked Lovely, prepare yourselves as I'm about to gush.
    I loved the story line, even though I have read a number of Faery books, I though Marr's approach was refreshing. I was completely transported and totally could have stayed there.
    The chemistry between Seth and Ash was incredibly well written, it was intense and I think my heart beat faster any time I saw Seth's name in print.(still does)
    The book has everything going for it. An amazing lead character, swoon worthy love interest, evil to overcome, hearts to change, challenges to meet and it's all balanced so well. Highly Recommended.

2 comments:

  1. I hated Ash... Oh my lord she killed me with all her whining!

    I LOVED Ink Exchange (the second WL book) have you read that one? It's a bit darker.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just started it:) You hated Ash? really? I liked her....I liked Seth better, but I liked her too.

    ReplyDelete