January 7, 2011

Blogger Hop & Friday Follow

Yay the hop is back!!! I love Fridays!!!


The Friday Friday is hosted by Parajunkees View
This weeks question is from Stalking the Bookshelves:
What book(s) have you discovered lately from someones book blog?

The Morganville Vampire Series by Rachel Caine

I can't remember what blog I saw the post on- I'm hooked! see my review here.


The Blogger Hop is hosted by Crazy for Books
This weeks question:
What book influenced or changed your life? How did it influence/change you?"
It's funny because I recently did a post about this very topic:
 
Books have always had tremendous impact on me, (obviously I love them and love to read or I wouldn't be blogging or working in a library) but it's much more than that.
There are a few every year that stand out as my "life lesson" books. I even have a special shelf for them.

One from a few years ago was by the author Kate Di Camillo. It was called The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane. It reminded me during a very difficult time not to give up on love and though love may be a sacrifice in the end it's always worth it.


This year, the stand out was If I Stay by Gayle Forman.


My review is here.
If I Stay reminded me that life is always a choice even if it doesn't always feel like it. We need to hold on to the ones we love and treasure the moments we might usually miss because we never know what might happen. It also taught me that sometimes the very best thing we can do to show our love for someone is to let them go.

Do books have the same type of impact on you? If so, What was the book that impacted you the most this year?
Leave I link so I can visit you too! Happy Friday!

6 comments:

  1. I love Rachel Caine, she lives 3 hrs away (Dallas) and is always touring the state. She is so funny and sweet and so accommodating. Great post.

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome answers! They are so true! I hope you can hop by and see my answer at: www.lulu-bookaddict.blogspot.com thanks!

    -Lulu the Bookaddict

    ReplyDelete
  3. My answer (from FF)-- My current read: Amber Frost, I found at Bitten by Books
    I am hopping by from Follow Friday. I’m following you and would love it if you follow me back! Brandi from Blkosiner’s Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hopping through. I discovered Morganville Vamps from blogs too. They're such fun books.
    Happy weekend!
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete