September 21, 2010

Top Ten Tuesday


Top Ten Book Quotes

It's Top Ten Tuesday! A meme hosted by the Broke and the Bookish This week is book quotes. It was challenging to narrow it down to just 10.......


“I can't go back to yesterday - because I was a different person then"
-From Alice in Wonderland

"Thank God for books and music and things I can think about."
Daniel Keyes (Flowers for Algernon)

There is a voice inside of you, That whispers all day long,
"I feel this is right for me, I know that this is wrong."
No teacher, preacher, parent, friend Or wise man can decide
What's right for you--just listen to The voice that speaks inside."
Shel Silverstein

"To hear the phrase "our only hope" always makes one anxious, because it means that if the only hope doesn't work, there is nothing left."
Lemony Snicket (The Blank Book)

"You have plenty of courage, I am sure," answered Oz. "All you need is confidence in yourself. There is no living thing that is not afraid when it faces danger. The true courage is in facing danger when you are afraid, and that kind of courage you have in plenty."
L. Frank Baum (The Wonderful Wizard of Oz)

"One must always be careful of books," said Tessa, "and what is inside them, for words have the power to change us."
Cassandra Clare (Clockwork Angel)

"Only five books tonight, Mommy," she says.
No, Olivia, just one."
How about four?"
Two."
Three."
Oh, all right, three. But that's it!"
Ian Falconer (Olivia)

"I told you and told you there was nothing to be afraid of."
Lovable Furry Old Grover "The Monster at the End of This Book"

"Some books should be tasted, Some devoured, But only a few
Should be chewed and digested thoroughly."
Cornelia Funke (Inkheart)

"When each day is the same as the rest it's because people fail to recognize the good things that happen in their lives every day the sunrises,"
The Book "The Alchemist"


What are your favourites? Were there any from my list above that really resonated with you?




4 comments:

  1. I have The Alchemist in my TBR pile. Nice list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great choices! I particularly like the last one from "The Alchemist." Here's mine: http://myreadersblock.blogspot.com/2010/09/teaser-tuesday.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow, I really liked your list :D Especially the Alice in Wonderland one, the Clockwork Angel quote, and the bit from Shel Silverstein. I have a quote on my list that says basically the same thing as that, only in with waaaaaay more words lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE the quotes from Clockword Angel and Inkheart, though I haven't read them (yet).

    ReplyDelete