July 23, 2010

Magnificent 12:The Call by Michael Grant

"Twelve-year-old Mack MacAvoy suffers from a serious case of mediumness. Medium looks. Medium grades. Medium parents who barely notice him. With a list of phobias that could make anyone crazy, Mack never would have guessed that he is destined for a more-than-medium life
And then, one day, A three-thousand-year-old man named Grimluk appears in the boys' bathroom to deliver some startling news: Mack is one of the Magnificent Twelve, called the Magnifica in ancient times, whatever that means. An evil force is on its way, and it's up to Mack to track down eleven other twelve-year-olds in order to stop it"
Michael Grant is a great story teller. I've enjoyed his books for teens and this one written for younger (junior fiction 8-10) totally met my expectations. I read this one out loud to my nine year old and he enjoyed the adventure, magic and we laughed out loud a lot. I needed to explain some parts of the book as he's not yet familiar with Lord of the Rings but he caught on quickly.-I can't wait until it arrives in the library and I can recommend it!
Title: Magnificent 12- The Call
Author: Michael Grant
Publication Date: August 24th 2010
Publisher: Harpercollins

1 comment: